Prospective parents are warmly invited to contact our school to arrange a visit. Please call 01484-531669 or email email@example.com.
The admin form below can be downloaded, completed and emailed back to school.
Our Nursery has twenty-six places, for children who are aged three by 31st August prior to starting, and has a teacher and Nursery Nurse. It operates 8.55-11.55 every morning and is free under the government's fifteen hours per week offer to parents.
At our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2019), inspectors made the following comments about our Early Years (Nursery and Reception) :
- Children make a good start to their education in early years.
- They settle quickly in school and are safe and happy. This is a result of the secure procedures in the provision.
- There are good links with parents and other providers to determine the needs of children as they enter Nursery or join Reception.
- Children are cared for well, and relationships between adults and children are nurturing and warm.
- Children have positive attitudes to learning and behave well. . The proportion of children attaining a good level of development is just above average. Above-average proportions attain early reading, mathematics and writing skills at the expected standards.
- Teachers plan interesting tasks that capture children’s imagination. Children are very keen to engage in their learning and learn well. There are a wide range of exciting and interesting activities experienced by children. The curriculum includes a wide range of visits, for example, to a local farm and railway.
- Parents are very positive about the early years and the experiences their children are receiving. Parents appreciate the stay and play sessions with their children. They receive detailed reports about how their children are progressing.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to St. Joseph's!